CALL FOR FULL PAPERS
The Research Centre in Architecture, Urban Landscape and Design (CIAUD) of the Faculty of Architecture of Lisbon University, the Centre for Humanities (CHAM) of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Universidade Nova de Lisboa and the Faculty of Architecture of Porto University (FA-UP), invites the academic community to contribute in the new format of the INTERNATIONAL AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONGRESS PHI 2020: “TRADITION AND INNOVATION” in order to promote the scientific debate on its diverse cultural, social and artistic manifestations.
All submitted Papers must be related with the Congress theme.
- The proposals of full papers will undergo a double-blind peer review.
- All full papers must be written/submitted in Standard American English.
- The deadline to submit the full paper, that must include its abstract and keywords, is 30 April 2020.
- All files should be submitted in the official platform (HERE)
- The Scientific Committee will send the acceptance of communications, based on the double-blind peer-review system, until the end of MAY 2020.
- The articles MUST contain an original reflection on the concepts "TRADITION AND INNOVATION".
- The Full Papers must be original, not having been previously published or submitted to any other scientific meeting, and must follow the format of the congress template (NEW) and follow these Instructions.
- A short curriculum, up to 100 words, from the proposer must be submitted as well.
- The Full Paper document must include its abstract and keywords and must be submitted as Microsoft Word and PDF.
- All files must be identified with the author’s name and content (ex: a.silva_paper.doc; a.silva_paper.pdf)
NOTE: Regardless of the scientific relevance of the paper presented, it will not be accepted if it fails linguistic quality. The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any linguistic revision. Therefore, all authors are responsible for the correction of their texts before their sending.
- The Full Paper abstract must sum up the key aspects of the full paper, highlighting the conclusions and goals. At the end of the Abstract, keywords must be selected to provide a clear and easy search. Abstracts maximum length will be between 200 and 220 words; 1.550 characters, including blank spaces.
- Maximum paper size: the full paper (including abstract, pictures (only in shades of grey), tables, charts, quotes, notes, and bibliography) should not exceed 8 (eight) pages and should not have less than 4 (four) pages. Papers must be formatted according to the template (NEW) provided. The maximum number of images per article is 5 (five).
- Depending on the nature of the work, figures may be embedded in the text or incorporated at the end of the paper. The maximum number of pictures per document is four (4). Figures (only greyscale) must be sequentially numbered. A concise caption must be provided. Tables and Graphics will be added to the text the same way as the images. The Full Paper must not exceed 8 (eight) pages formatted according to the given template (NEW). Any additional pages will be subject to an extra charge.
- Quotations and Bibliographical References must follow APA style.
- Each author may not propose more than 2 (two) papers.
To submit the MINI CV and FULL PAPER click HERE.
For any questions or doubts, please contact:
Phone: (+351) 215 870 926
The papers accepted for presentation are published as chapters of a volume that will have the same title as the Conference. The (PHI Series https://www.crcpress.com/PHI/book-series/PHII) published by Taylor & Francis as a CHAM production, and it will indicate as sponsors the following academic and scientific organizations: FCT, FAUL, and UNL.
It will be indexed to the most important scientific databases, such as Thomson Reuters, ISI, Web of Knowledge, Web of Science, ELSEVIER, SCOPUS, CrossRef, ProQuest, and EBSCO.
The link to CHAM and RUN - Repository of Universidade Nova de Lisboa: https://run.unl.pt/simple-search?query=CHAM and also be accessible through http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/search/basic?vid=3&sid=5b3546aa-c5ff-4383-957f-1e08966ff975%40sessionmgr4007